May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness.
I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful,
and don’t forget to make some art —
write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can.
And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.
~ Neil Gaiman ~
Hard to believe my little munkys will be turning 4 in a few days! Happy spring and Happy 4th Birthday to Ellie and Marcus!
I just found out that my friend passed on this morning. Willa was a wonderful, kind-hearted, generous, funny & beautiful lady and I loved her like a sister. When I was going through the in-vitro process to get pregnant with the twins she was there for me every painful step of the way. She helped give me my injections, she listened to me cry and rant. She even had symapthy pains for me! When the first round failed and I lost the embryos she was the one who held me up and stuck with me for the next round. I am so glad that she was still with us to meet the fruits of our labors. When I heard the news today the first thing I did was run upstairs to hug my twins. I know that she was in a lot of pain from the cancer and so I hope that now all her pain is gone. She will be truly missed and forever loved.
We’re both so *fond* of having our picture taken that this was the only one I could find of us… and it’s old… and we are a motley crew, that…
I love you lady and I hope you’ve found peace.
(I am in white and Willa is next to me in red.)
Happy Holidays and a Shiny New Year filled with lots of love and good cheer!
- The Ninth Pãramitã: Loving Kindness (mettã) means ‘good will’ in all our actions.
- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. ~ The 14th Dali Lama
- Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations. ~ Paramahansa Yogananda
- You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Is there any one maxim which ought to be acted upon throughout one’s whole life? Surely the maxim of loving kindness is such. ~ Confucious
May your hearts and homes be filled with Loving Kindness now and always.
Love from Candi, Austin, Ellie, Marcus, Jose & Katey
This time of year it always seems we notice those missing from our lives a little bit more. It seems harder to get on with the days without them here. Hold your family close at the holidays and everyday… you just don’t know what’s around the corner. So for all those faces & voices & hugs & kisses that will be missed at the table this Christmas – I still hold you all in my heart and miss you dearly.
18-month check-ups were on Friday, Oct 15th. They both did well at their check-up even though Ellie gave the Doctor a bit of a hard time. They also got their flu shots and thankfully have had no ill effects from that.
Having some well-deserved chocolate milk after their flu shots!
- 26 pounds 15 ounces (4 oz gain)
- 33 inches (1/2 in gain)
- Head circumference – 19.09 inches
- 90th % length-for-age
- 80th % weight-for-age
- 23 pounds 10 ounces (1 lbs 5 oz gain)
- 32.25 inches (1.25 in gain)
- Head circumference – 19 inches
- 50th % length-for-age
- 25th % weight-for-age